Thursday, April 22, 2010

Techniques: Hammer-ons and Pull offs

I will be more specific about hammer-ons in this blog. Hammer-ons is a technique, like sports, guitars have different ways of making sound than its traditional sounds imitating from the strings. A hammer-on is quickly moving your fingers down the string of the guitar. the video will explain it for those who need a visual image of whats happening. This is a way to speed up your song. Like I said in my previous blog, it is used both in rock and metal so don't be surprised when the man says rock "n" roll. 


It is the easiest technique to learn. It is a bit confusing at the start but you will really catch on after two or three times. I found it pretty easy to learn, but when you use hammer-ons, there are pull offs. Its the same concept but instead of going down on your string, you switch strings without hitting it a second time. here is a video demonstrating a pull off.

I
I personally think pull offs are harder for the fact the you must be quick in moving your finger to the next string right after hitting the first one like in the video above.

No comments:

Post a Comment