Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Dream Theater


Dream Theater is an okay type of metal band. To me, it’s not something I’d really listen to since I don't really understand the story behind their songs. Those who think they like a song without understanding the story behind it don't understand the real message that they are trying to send!!!! Most of their fans will tell you that they will basically talk about psychological madness and social torment. I can't really say anything more about their songs but I can introduce you to some of the band members (Lead guitarist, bass and the drummer). Lead guitarist is John Petrucci, the bass is named John Myung and the drummer is named Mike Portnoy. Something interesting that I learned reading their biography on Wikipedia is that the signer and the keyboard player have changed at least three times each. They are a progressive metal band that stays away from the mainstream of music for their own reasons. Something else that i found out and I quote is that "Mike Portnoy, age 37, is the youngest drummer in the "Rocker Drummer" hall of fame." He also won 23 other awards ever since he went famous. Now this blog wont have a music video due to technical difficulties. Sorry for the inconvenience



No comments:

Post a Comment